Friday, September 21, 2012



Top Ten Things I miss about my Cell/Smart phone 



1. Texting. Anywhere, anytime. Texting added levity to my day, texture, if you will. Especially if the texts were auto corrected! http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com/

2. Google searches.  Anywhere, anytime. Gotta love the random questions that pop up through the day, google seeks to answer them.  Now, I ask them aloud, to anyone, anywhere, anytime.

3. The "do we need phone call." Do we need cat litter?  Do we need another box of wine?

4.  Alternatively, and perhaps used more frequently..."the can you get phone call?"  Can you get that cheese with the little bits of dill and garlic, you know the one with the green wrapper, tucked away at the back of the Italian centre by the salmon?  Or, yes, can you pick up another box of wine?

5.  Brick breaker.  Oh, how I long to master you, with your sturdy little balls bouncing all around.  I will control you yet. And I'll beat the record of any camera man at CBC too.

6. The way you felt in my hand.  Not in that silly little holder that way too many self important people wear on their belts, but rather the way I felt when I held you in my hand.  Confident. Knowledgeable. Important.  You need to know how to get to Seattle from here, check.  You need to know the weather in South Africa, check.

7. Your incessant beeping and red flashing light telling me, oh so dutifully, that I have a new message.  Pay attention to me now! These messages also helped me feel important, even if it was the twelfth one that day about the arena in Edmonton. wtf????

8. Its ability to make me feel more efficient at my work and relationships.  I'm walking and feel like talking, I call a friend. I'm waiting for the bus (and the glare is too bright to play brick breaker!) I start calling around on a story.

9. Multi tasking with phone in hand.  Oh, how efficient I once was! (phone call to father while grocery shopping -- it didn't matter that I bought the wrong Cheerios and I hung up having no clue what we just talked about.)

10. And finally, its seemingly magical ability to entertain small children.

1 comment:

  1. Uh oh. I didn't know I could get brick breaker for my phone....

    ReplyDelete